Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Day One - The Beginning

I love this church.  I love who I work with and will always praise God for this staff.  As the children's pastor, embarking on this journey, at times, feels like I am sailing off into a nebulous fog that is impenetrable.  As Jason, the youth pastor, and I begin to really ask the question, "How do we completely and totally serve families in our community," I begin to have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach.  I begin questioning everything that I thought about children's ministry, even though I have only been at it for about 10 months! 

I have promised myself to blog 1 time a week with extra entries coming as inspired blessings.  I am excited and scared at the same time.  Change is hard, but at times, is necessary.  This change is going to be great...I just don't really feel like going through it, that's all.

Proverbs 11:14 - "Without wise leadership, a nation falls; there is safety in having many advisers."

No comments:

Post a Comment