Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Am I too orange?

Well, after a very trying week last week, because of the loss of my father in law, I was able to sit down with Jason and hammer out my "Orangish" 5 year plan.  I love it because now, all I have to do is put it on a calendar and its full throttle ahead.  However, I began thinking, "Am I beginning to become an orange zealot?"  Then I thought, "Is that such a bad thing?"

I was reading the story about Zaccheus and it occurred to me that Jesus was definitely a zealot, just a really cool, laid back zealot.  He didn't blow a trumpet, or start a parade.  He simply just said, "Zaccheus, come down.  I'm going to your house."  Now, it did create some kind of stir among the stuffed shirts of Jerusalem to see Jesus meet with such "scum."  But this orange journey is starting out a lot like that for me.  In my mind full of programming and gimmicks, I am being forced to adopt a philosophy...

I don't like it.

Matter of fact, its time consuming, pushy, in my face all the time.

But...I kind of like it...in a weird, self-deprecating sort of way.

Its painful to think of the hours and days and months and years that this is going to take.  Nevertheless, I will do it.  Why?  because its the right thing to do.  God is calling us all to help families, not become the Ivory Tower of Knowledge.  So, as my 5 year old daughter's Zhu-Zhu pet says, "Here we go!"

No comments:

Post a Comment