Monday, March 14, 2011

Praises

Just wanted to take time out to thank God.  I know I forget to do that.  In the midst of some great small changes that are happening, I tend to lose sight of the small changes that God is conducting in me and in my relationships.

First, I thank you God for my wife.  She is a jewel.  Just the other day, we were talking, (and laughing mind you,) about how much of a pain that both of us can be, but that we would rather not go through life with anyone else other than each other.  I love that she is a realist.  It keeps my dreamer heart grounded.  However, she has this delicate side that not too many people get to see.  My wife works in corporate America and she has learned through the years how to not only hang, but excel in that world.  Sometimes though, she opens up and allows me to see the vulnerability that she has regarding God and his control in her life and that is the most intriguing thing about my wife.  She is a relatively new believer, less than 8 years, but her understanding of what is and isn't important when it comes to God is simply amazing.

Next, I want to thank you for my daughters.  I have no idea how they turned out the way they did, so it had to be you.  Through all of my mistakes, somehow, the girls have been able to see you through me a little.  And those times have been the sweetest of all.  Just the other day, my youngest came and sat on my lap and whispered after a while, "Daddy, you know you can do this with God too, right?" 

I fought the tears.

I was so proud.  And I can't even talk about my two oldest.  My twins have become young ladies who are so poised in their thinking and in life, I simply can't wait to see what is in store for them.  So God, I am going to continue to sit in the passenger's seat and simply go along for the ride when it comes to my kids.  Give me what I need to be their earthly daddy and you can do the rest.  You are much better at it than I am.

My friendships.  I have never had deeper, richer, and more fulfilling friendships than I do now.  I love all of my friends from the past and will always cherish them.  However, God has placed the right people, at the right time in my life.  They not only support me ministerially (is that a word?) but are truly interested in me and for that, I am extremely grateful.

Finally, I just want to thank you God.  You have never, nor will ever leave me.  I realize that you put me here to point kids and families to you because that is what's in my heart.  That's all I want to do...everyday...all day.  Thanks for including me in your awesome plan, God.  I am humbled and honored and will continue to move out of the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment